Beaches, Snorkeling, Hiking and more!
Hawaii Kai is most commonly known for the “Marina life” and with that, comes a wide variety of water sports and recreational activities for our home owners and visitors to enjoy. Wether you like spending your day snorkeling for shells or jet skiing across the bay, there is something for everyone. Below is a list of water sports, activities and some of the businesses associated with both.
- Hawaii Water Sports Center: Banana Boat; Bumper Tube; Jet Ski; Parasailing; Snorkel; Wakeboard; Water ski https://hawaiiwatersportscenter.com/water-activities/
- Island Water Sports Hawaii: Sub-Scooter; Sport Fishing; Private Charters https://islandwatersportshawaii.com/sea-bobs/
- Koko Beach Rentals: Snorkeling; Beach chair and Umbrellas https://kokobeachrental.com/rentals/
- Big Kahuna Water Sports: Scuba Diving http://www.alohascubadiving.com/
- Hanauma Bay: Snorkeling https://www.honolulu.gov/parks-hbay/home.html
While you could absolutely stay busy all day partaking in Water Sports or Scuba diving, many people choose to spend their time enjoying the hiking trails that line the ridges of our Marina home. These hikes are often the most popular out of others on Island, simply because of the breathtaking views you are awarded from the top. Below is a list of the hikes you can enjoy in Hawaii Kai and the surrounding areas.
- Koko Head lookout https://www.alltrails.com/trail/hawaii/oahu/koko-head-crater-trail?u=i
- Hanauma Bay Ridge Trail http://www.oahuhike.com/hanauma-bay-trail
- Kamilo’iki Ridge Hike https://scoot.io/go/6380
- Kaiwi Shoreline Trail https://www.alltrails.com/trail/hawaii/oahu/kaiwi-shoreline-trail-to-alan-davis-beach-and-kahoohaihai-inlet?u=i
- Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dsp/hiking/oahu/makapuu-point-lighthouse-trail/
- Kuliouou Ridge Trail https://www.alltrails.com/trail/hawaii/oahu/kuliouou-ridge-trail?u=i
As many Oahu residents know, you are never too far from a stunning beach, no matter what side of the Island you are on. For those that like to stay close to home (Hawaii Kai), here is a list of some of the best beaches in our area.
- Portlock Beach Portlock beach, 7036 Kalanianaʻole Hwy, Honolulu, HI 96825
- Sandy Beach Sandy Beach, Honolulu HI 96825
- Makapu’u Beach Park Makapu’u Beach, Waimanalo HI, 96795
- Maunalua Bay Beach Park Maunalua Beach, Honlulu HI 96825
- Kuli’ou’ou Beach Park 100 Bay Street, Honolulu HI, 96821
To live in and enjoy Hawaii Kai means having access to endless, year round, outdoor activities. There is truly something here for everyone!